Born on Third Base Post
I have to apologize first. I just started reading this book during the past weekend. And I accidentally spill an entire mug of water onto the book. I have tried many ways to try to save it but unfortunately it is no longer readable. I already ordered another copy from amazon and it should arrive tomorrrow.
I will discuss my opinion towards the book based on the two chapters that I read. There is one sentence in Collins' book that I found agreeable. "To change this situtation, we need a movement, led by those hurt and excluded by the system. But we also need the beneficiaris of the rigged game, those of us in the top 1 percent, to play our part."(Collins). It is never a single player game to solve the inequality existing in our system. Both who suffered and benefited from the system need to come together. Today some of the poors in our society simply just sits there waiting for the riches to help them. Collions also talks about how he felted unshackled after donated his half million dollar trust fund. This is very suprising to me as I was never the total 1 percent. This makes me consider what wealth might bring us since wealth is what most of people work their entire life to try to obtain.
I will discuss my opinion towards the book based on the two chapters that I read. There is one sentence in Collins' book that I found agreeable. "To change this situtation, we need a movement, led by those hurt and excluded by the system. But we also need the beneficiaris of the rigged game, those of us in the top 1 percent, to play our part."(Collins). It is never a single player game to solve the inequality existing in our system. Both who suffered and benefited from the system need to come together. Today some of the poors in our society simply just sits there waiting for the riches to help them. Collions also talks about how he felted unshackled after donated his half million dollar trust fund. This is very suprising to me as I was never the total 1 percent. This makes me consider what wealth might bring us since wealth is what most of people work their entire life to try to obtain.
Comments
Post a Comment