Writing Random Post
2/24/2018 Random Post Writing 340
During the past long weekend, I went to Mammoth Mountain for ski trip with some of my friends. One of my friends was responsible for booking the apartment that we were planning to stay. But he didn't notice that the booking was unsuccessful and there was a cancellation email sent to him by Expedia several days ago until we have arriaved and about to check in. However, we were very luck. The owner of the apartment we were supposed to stay was very nice and helped us find a vacant room that is near the slope for a decent price.
Our plan was to arrive Saturday night and snowboard on the mountain for both Sunday and Monday. But the weather conditon on Sunday was not ideal. It was a windy and icey day on the slope and most of the lifts were shut down due to extreme weather. Luckily, there was a snow shower at Sunday night, and the conditon was perfect on Monday. The slope was less crowded because most of the people start to go back to the cities on Monday. I was able to practice my snowboarding skills well and It was one of the best snow conditions I have ever experienced.
Overall I was satisfied with the trip. The snow season is ending for this year. Hopefully, there will be more snow coming so that I will still be able to snowboard during spring break.
During the past long weekend, I went to Mammoth Mountain for ski trip with some of my friends. One of my friends was responsible for booking the apartment that we were planning to stay. But he didn't notice that the booking was unsuccessful and there was a cancellation email sent to him by Expedia several days ago until we have arriaved and about to check in. However, we were very luck. The owner of the apartment we were supposed to stay was very nice and helped us find a vacant room that is near the slope for a decent price.
Our plan was to arrive Saturday night and snowboard on the mountain for both Sunday and Monday. But the weather conditon on Sunday was not ideal. It was a windy and icey day on the slope and most of the lifts were shut down due to extreme weather. Luckily, there was a snow shower at Sunday night, and the conditon was perfect on Monday. The slope was less crowded because most of the people start to go back to the cities on Monday. I was able to practice my snowboarding skills well and It was one of the best snow conditions I have ever experienced.
Overall I was satisfied with the trip. The snow season is ending for this year. Hopefully, there will be more snow coming so that I will still be able to snowboard during spring break.
Hi Tony,
ReplyDeleteWhat a crazy start to a trip! I would be so anxious if I found out my apartment reservation was cancelled after I already arrived. I'm glad you were able to find something at the last minute for a reasonable price, because I know many places near the slopes can be very expensive. I'm not much of a skier or snowboarder, but I know the snow conditions can really make or break a trip to the mountain. I'm glad the conditions were great on Monday and you ended your trip on a high note!
Hi Tony!
ReplyDeleteI glad that you guys were able to find a good place to stay during the weekend! I have only snowboarded once and would love to do it again. Do you think Mammoth is the best place for it?