Growing a farmer post 2
Farmers Post 2
One of my favorite chapters in Growing a farmer is titled Cow. In this Chapter, Kurt discribies his first encounters with his dairy cows, which finally makes him feel like a real farmer. Like all the other different livestocks and plants that Kurt have tried at his farm, Kurt always started with setbacks and eventually became an expert. One of my favoriate quote from this chapter is "Cows are a mystery. Are they bright and in control or acting instinctually wiht little thought?"(pg 111). I have shared the same question with Kurt and I had the same feeling with the dog that I used to have. I guess this special trait with cows have added some human-like personalities to this thousand-pound animal.
Another quote that I really enjoyed is from the last chapter "The table". "It is a different way to coo; a different way to eat. Seasonal and always fresh, a farm dinner could be said to be the ultimate in local eating. I think of this dinner and the entire lifestyle of raising food and cooking it to be a denial of the present time". I believe this quote is a good summary of Kurt's passion. His willingness to go after thing that he truly loved keeps pushing him forward into his adventure.
Haochen(Tony) Shi
One of my favorite chapters in Growing a farmer is titled Cow. In this Chapter, Kurt discribies his first encounters with his dairy cows, which finally makes him feel like a real farmer. Like all the other different livestocks and plants that Kurt have tried at his farm, Kurt always started with setbacks and eventually became an expert. One of my favoriate quote from this chapter is "Cows are a mystery. Are they bright and in control or acting instinctually wiht little thought?"(pg 111). I have shared the same question with Kurt and I had the same feeling with the dog that I used to have. I guess this special trait with cows have added some human-like personalities to this thousand-pound animal.
Another quote that I really enjoyed is from the last chapter "The table". "It is a different way to coo; a different way to eat. Seasonal and always fresh, a farm dinner could be said to be the ultimate in local eating. I think of this dinner and the entire lifestyle of raising food and cooking it to be a denial of the present time". I believe this quote is a good summary of Kurt's passion. His willingness to go after thing that he truly loved keeps pushing him forward into his adventure.
Haochen(Tony) Shi
Comments
Post a Comment