Growing a farmer Blog 1

Growing a Farmer

Up until today, I have only finished reading the first two chapters of Kurt's book. First of all, I think that this is a easy book for me to read. The author didn't have intricate vocabulary choice which could be difficult for people like me. It feels like reading Kurt's personal diary about how he developed his farming business. Secondly, I found Kurt's story of aspiring to be a farmer very appealing to me. My dad, who is now fifty years old, is about to begin a journy similar to Kurt. He has been looking to buy a farmland in China for years because he wants to fullfill his dream of living a bucolic life. Similar to Kurt, my dad has been living and working in megacities for almost his entire life. And I have a feeling that my dad will make as much bad decisions as Kurt did. I am trying to find a translated version of the book for my dad and I believe that he will love to read it.

I truely admire Kurt's courage and determination. I would doubt if I would be as resolute as Kurt to follow my dream and heart. I still think that Kurt is kind of insane to give up a stable business and try things that he is not familiar with. I can't wait to find out how much obstacles that Kurt had encountered before he eventaully succeed.

Tony Shi

Comments